Ferry Industries is a recognized global leader in our markets. We are proud to offer the global market our family of products, which includes RotoSpeed™ rotational molding machines, Quintax™ machining centers, and Femco™ precision bandsaws among others. Ferry is looking for a motivated and technically qualified machine tool service technician to install and service our Quintax CNC machine tools and Femco saws. The candidate should have at least 3 years of experience in the installation and repair of CNC machine tools.
Ideal candidates' required skills are:
- Mechanical installation, troubleshooting and repair of complex production machinery.
- Electrical and electronic controls troubleshooting.
- PLC troubleshooting and understanding of Ladder Logic.
- Experience with Fagor or Fanuc controls a plus.
- Knowledge of 3-axis and 5-axis mills or gantry-type mills preferred.
- Experience in CNC controls, axis drives, spindle drives, PLCs, hydraulics, and pneumatics. Programming experience with Fagor and Fanuc controls will be helpful..
- Proficient in the use of precision measuring/ diagnostic equipment. Not limited to, but include the use of: Laser, ballbar, micrometers, calibers, precision levels, precision indicators, etc. In depth knowledge of machine tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in micron tolerances.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and supervise others.
- Be able to function effectively in a team environment and communicate at a technical level.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, electrical schematics and bills of materials.
- Completing and submitting proper documentation to office and customer in regards to status of machine issues, repairs, and installation.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and must have or be capable of acquiring a US passport for international travel.
- Ability to travel up to 50% both domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office are required.
Salaried full time, permanent position
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salariy and benefits that include paid vacation, 401k plan, life insurance and medical insurance through Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Please submit resume in .pdf format via email to Fran Routh
with the job title in the subject line
or by mail to:
Attn. Human Resources Department
FERRY INDUSTRIES, INC.
4445 Allen Road
Stow, OH 44224