The Production Coordinator owns a portion of the flow of information, materials, and product shipments at Ferry Industries. A technical understanding of machinery and equipment would allow growth and advancement of the position in the company.
The position of Production Coordinator at Ferry Industries is responsible for the following standard work.
Efficient shipment of goods both in and out of the facility
- Provide freight quotes
- Monitor freight costs
- Create packing slips and bills of lading
- Photograph and document shipments
- Process shipping documents for out of the country shipments
Assist in inventory control
- Perform cycle counts
- Perform excess and obsolete reviews
- Provide guidance for organization in the inventory crib
Perform Necessary Safety Checks
- Fire extinguisher inspection
- Sling and Chain inspection
- Schedule noise studies
- Schedule hearing tests
- Schedule air quality checks
- Maintain all safety training records
Maintain Routing Information
- Resolve timecard issues with work centers
- Enter routings for spare parts
- Correct and update routings as required
- Schedule maintenance for the production machines
- Administer and schedule building and grounds maintenance
In summary, the production coordinator owns the flow of finished products in and out of the facility. The production coordinator also owns safety compliance.
Other duties may be assigned should time permit.
- Skilled with MS Office products – comfortable using a computer and learning new applications
- Good oral and written communication skills – must be able to interact with others daily
- Above average basic math skills i.e. must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide various units of measure. Understanding of graphs and trends
- Must be able to accurately record, organize and present various types of information
- Technical skills relating to machinery and equipment preferred
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs on a regular basis
Education and Training
A two-year degree from a college or technical school related to computerized business systems or 3 years of experience directly related to shipping and receiving where computer skills were required.
Starting rate will depend upon individual's qualifications. Competitve wages & benefit package including United Steelworkers' Health and Welfare Plan.
Send resume via email in .pdf format with job title in the subject line to Phil Taylor.